Skip to main content

#8 Still Over It

 

If your girlfriend has been listening to the new Summer Walker album Still Over It you better buy her some flowers. Chances are she gonna be mad at you even though your name isn’t London on Da Track.

Summer Walker recently released her sequel album to Over It with Still Over It. This album is after her recent split with her producer and baby’s father, London On Da Track. This album had every girl wanting to know what London’s address is because we just want to “talk.” In Still Over It, Summer Walker rips London up for being an absent father and leaving her during her pregnancy and even calls him out by name for cheating on her. Summer really did NOT hold back at all and gave her a piece of her mind with her beautiful, soft vocals. Each song is full of lyrics and emotion showing she recognizes she deserved better and has been able to get past the heartbreak, but not without the last word. Some songs that stand out to me the most on this album are “Unloyal”, “4th Baby Mama”, and “Bitter.” 

Although Summer was met with nothing but disrespect and unloyalty throughout the entire relationship, she was able to come out of this with nothing but success. Summer Walker broke two historic records with Still Over It being the biggest album debut by a female artist ever and the biggest R&B album debut of all time. This album is #1 on the Billboard 100 as well as every single song charting between #1-#22 on the all-genre top songs chart. I just know London is crying and punching the air. Summer Walker did that! Go stream Still Over It on all platforms!


Comments

  1. Whenever Summer Walker's new album comes on, I be in my room creating fake scenarios in my head and then get mad at my boyfriend even though he didn't do anything lol. I feel like her album is very powerful and just overall really good, she has been through so much and I love that she made this album just for London On Da Track.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All About Me!

       Hi! My name is Miyali Lias (pronounced Mia-lee) but people know me better as Miya. My name is Korean and Hispanic, and to many people, very awkward to pronounce. This school year is my first year attending Glendale Community College, I am a full-time student planning on majoring in Political Science but am also prepared if something changes my path. I am also a cosmetology student at The Studio Academy of Beauty.      With my busy schedule its hard to keep up with my interests, but my main ones include cosmetics and spirituality. I spend a lot of time reading my tarot cards, interacting with my crystals, and keeping up with the  alignment of the stars and planets . All of it reassures me I am going the right path in life. Another big interest of mine is my music. I absolutely love listening to music and truly appreciating production and lyricism. Some of my favorites at the moment (its always changing) is Lana Del Rey, 21 Savage, Mac Miller, and SZA.      My biggest pet peeve is

#9 And Now You Know

  Have you ever taken a second to question where a majority of animal by-products come from? Have you ever questioned how those products get placed on the shelves of grocery markets? Taking a second to do a basic google search on how these products are produced would be beneficial, but since you are already here I will elaborate. The industrialization of farming has been quite possibly the worst thing that has ever come to farming. 99% of farming products like meat, dairy, produce, etc come from these kinds of farms. Why is it so bad? They take cheaper routes to make their products and use methods that are inhumane to animals and just shy of being lethal to humans. Dairy farming is one of the most guilty productions of this. They are extremely inhumane to their cows by injecting them with drugs that make them overproduce milk than what they naturally produce. These drugs then make their way into the products we consume daily. Another way they hurt humans is because of the pollutio

#7 Fresh

  Food has always been a staple in survival for humans thru generations and generations. As time progressed food distribution has evolved from simple farming to huge corporations mass-producing everything from produce to bottled water. The movie, Fresh, really deep dives into what is happening in these farming facilities and how things go from the soil onto grocery store shelves. Its purpose is to explore the exploitation of animals and the cheap products used to grow produce. I was already hyper-aware of the corruption happening behind closed doors, but to many, this is a very big eye-opener. This film is projected to educate those who never thought about where their dinner was coming from. Fresh does not hold back on the ugly side of this industry by providing real interviews on both sides of the farming world. It shows the thick line that separates who is farming for the greater good, versus the farmers doing it for the most profit.  Although I was very hyper-aware of this indu