Skip to main content

#10 Where. Is. The. Album.

Image credit



So it has been over four years since SZA has released her critically acclaimed album, CTRL. If you remember anything about 2017, you remember every girl and their mama was bumping CTRL. Personally, when I think of 2017, this album floods my memory with each track. CTRL is an album that has left its mark on my generation, but four years later we have been left with only one question. Where is the album? I mean, with so many leaked songs coming out and her performing on live streams, we have been teased endlessly. It has gotten to the point where she is touring while performing her old album! As much as we love CTRL, it is time for something new. We can only cry out our eyes to “Supermodel” or “20 Something” so many times. What is delaying this album from coming out? 

Although she has not released an album since 2017, she, fortunately, did not pull a Frank Ocean and disappear from the face of the earth. She has dropped a couple singles and soundtracks to various movies such as Black Panther or Dear Evan Hansen. She has also been more than active on social media with her Instagram stories always being recent. Although this can be looked at as something good, we are still left to question just how much longer we can go with no album. How is it possible that she has been so active and acts as if she hasn’t kept us on the fence about this album for years? I guess we shouldn’t rush art, but at the same time, IT HAS BEEN 4 YEARS! I guess we’ll just keep crying to CTRL in the meantime. 


Comments

  1. That's crazy that she's taken this long and still hasn't released a new album. Still listen to All The Stars, she's so good on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Miyali. You have some good content and ideas in your last 4 blogs, and your writing flows well. However, you are a bit brief in your development; you feel a bit rushed. Keep working at analyzing and developing your content. Good visual appeal. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All About Me!

       Hi! My name is Miyali Lias (pronounced Mia-lee) but people know me better as Miya. My name is Korean and Hispanic, and to many people, very awkward to pronounce. This school year is my first year attending Glendale Community College, I am a full-time student planning on majoring in Political Science but am also prepared if something changes my path. I am also a cosmetology student at The Studio Academy of Beauty.      With my busy schedule its hard to keep up with my interests, but my main ones include cosmetics and spirituality. I spend a lot of time reading my tarot cards, interacting with my crystals, and keeping up with the  alignment of the stars and planets . All of it reassures me I am going the right path in life. Another big interest of mine is my music. I absolutely love listening to music and truly appreciating production and lyricism. Some of my favorites at the moment (its always changing) is Lana Del Rey, 21 Savage, Mac Miller, and SZA.      My biggest pet peeve is

#9 And Now You Know

  Have you ever taken a second to question where a majority of animal by-products come from? Have you ever questioned how those products get placed on the shelves of grocery markets? Taking a second to do a basic google search on how these products are produced would be beneficial, but since you are already here I will elaborate. The industrialization of farming has been quite possibly the worst thing that has ever come to farming. 99% of farming products like meat, dairy, produce, etc come from these kinds of farms. Why is it so bad? They take cheaper routes to make their products and use methods that are inhumane to animals and just shy of being lethal to humans. Dairy farming is one of the most guilty productions of this. They are extremely inhumane to their cows by injecting them with drugs that make them overproduce milk than what they naturally produce. These drugs then make their way into the products we consume daily. Another way they hurt humans is because of the pollutio

#7 Fresh

  Food has always been a staple in survival for humans thru generations and generations. As time progressed food distribution has evolved from simple farming to huge corporations mass-producing everything from produce to bottled water. The movie, Fresh, really deep dives into what is happening in these farming facilities and how things go from the soil onto grocery store shelves. Its purpose is to explore the exploitation of animals and the cheap products used to grow produce. I was already hyper-aware of the corruption happening behind closed doors, but to many, this is a very big eye-opener. This film is projected to educate those who never thought about where their dinner was coming from. Fresh does not hold back on the ugly side of this industry by providing real interviews on both sides of the farming world. It shows the thick line that separates who is farming for the greater good, versus the farmers doing it for the most profit.  Although I was very hyper-aware of this indu